I will admit never use to pay attention to the ingredients in my hair care products. After reading into what prolonged use of Sulfate products can do to your health, I have decided to pay more attention.
I recently received this email and I decided that this was perfect to share with you all. Who knows if this information is 100% but it's good to know what Sulfates can (possibly) do:
- Sulfates can worsen acne conditions as well as make your scalp to become dry. They can make the scalp to become more permeable. That makes it easier for harmful hair products to be absorbed easily
by your scalp which may cause great harm in the end.
- If you use a shampoo that contains sulfates on colored hair, it washes away the color as the ingredient is mainly a cleanser.
- Some research findings from Germany also state that sulfates may cause hair thinning and hair loss in some cases.
- Sodium Chloride, Paraben & Sulfate also cause damage to the hair follicles which causes you to have a weak hair structure and little hair growth.
- If you accidentally ingest shampoo containing sulfate and or Paraben you could experience symptoms like vomiting, nausea and diarrhea. Similarly if you directly inhale a shampoo that has a high concentration of sodium chloride you can experience irritation in your respiratory tract and allergic reactions such as coughing & difficulties in breathing.
Ladies, what do you think?
Do you use hair products with sulfates in them?
Info supplied by The Little Luxuries