I'm always shipping makeup to other countries. Whether it's for a giveaway or a swap, I want the items to arrive safe and in one piece. I usually ship regular mail but now I'm looking for other shipping options. I had the opportunity to speak with Ms. Laurie Weston, National Retail Manager, Purolator Inc about the best way to ship makeup and much more. She gave me a lot of helpful insight that I want to share with you all!
How should I pack my makeup? (box.. parcel..etc)
The best way to package make-up and most women’s all-time favourite - the lipstick - is to ensure it is placed in a small sturdy box with some padding or protective package to minimize movement during delivery.
Here are some other tips you may find useful:
- Avoid using previously used boxes as these can lose their strength over time.
- For fragile items, the padding or protective package used should be at least three inches thick.
- If you are shipping several items together, wrap and cushion each one separately.
- Avoid using wrapping paper to ship a gift as it can get damaged during the delivery cycle. Instead, try durable shipping paper and boxes available at your local Purolator Shipping Centre.
- Affix appropriate labels when required: heavy weight, glass and liquid.
- A strong seal is essential; always use tape that is designed for shipping such as pressure-sensitive tape, nylon or glass reinforced tape. Never use string or elastic bands on the outside of your parcel as it can get caught in our sorting machinery. Seal all box seams with tape and be sure not to leave any open areas which can snag on machinery.
Depending on the amount of make-up you are shipping, I suggest you stop by one of our Purolator Shipping Centres to help you pack it so it’s done right.
What are makeup products that I should not ship?
When it comes to making sure the person on the other end looks and feels glamorous, there are no limits as to what you can ship. As long as it’s packaged properly even the most delicate make-up essentials can travel safely in our system. We’re committed to making sure everyone has the chance to look beautiful!
How to get the best out of my shipping?
Stopping by one our Purolator Shipping Centres is the best solution to getting the personalized service you need; selecting the proper packaging, getting all your questions answered and providing the best solution to your shipping needs is what we do best. Our Shipping Experts are friendly, knowledgeable and ready to assist with even the most unique shipping requirements. Many of our locations are open seven days a week.
How do I ensure that the individual receives my package?
You would want to make sure the shipment is clearly labeled and packaged properly. Retain your Package Identification Number (PIN) for easy tracking of your package. Our shipping system has the ability to email you and the receiver notifications of when the package was shipped and the date and time of delivery. Having peace of mind knowing your shipment is in good hands will leave you with time to focus on the other things on your to-do list that need to get done this holiday season.
Why should I ship with Purolator vs. any other shipping company?
We are committed to making sure all our customers are taken care of and we are committed to getting your packages delivered on time. We believe that customer experience is not just what you say but what you do, and our goal is to get it right the first time. Your package is as important to us as it is to you, we’ll make sure you don’t have to worry once you hand it over. If you have any questions or need assistance, be sure to stop by one of our shipping centres or give us a call at 1-888-SHIP-123. We’re here to help.